1.0.1 Release Notes
Bugfix release for VersionPress 1.0.
Released on 13-May-2015; read the announcement blog post.
Note: this is an EAP release
EAP releases are generally stable but the software is still young, limited in scope and an external backup is recommended at all times.
- Bulk changes now display better messages. For example, if two posts were moved to trash, 1.0 would output "Post 'abc' moved to trash" while 1.0.1 will show "2 posts moved to trash". Technically, the bulk changes were already tracked properly in 1.0, just the messages are now better. (VersionPress will display better messages even for commits made by v1.0.)
- Tests for bulk changes added as part of this change. There have been quite a few of them.
- Other minor change message improvements:
- Postmeta / usermeta change messages no longer use the word "option" which was confusing, e.g., "Edited option 'xyz' for post 'abc'" is now "Edited post-meta 'xyz' for post 'abc'".
- Term-taxonomy changes now use specific taxonomies, not a generic "term". For example, "Deleted term 'abc'" is now "Deleted category 'abc'".
- Nginx has been tested and is now officially supported.
- .htaccess files updated to work on both Apache 2.2 and 2.4 (Apache 2.4 could have caused issues under some circumstances).
- Uploading files in problem reporter now works on PHP 5.3+ (used to be 5.5+ because of the external library used).
- Requirement checker now distinguishes between a state where Git is not detected at all and when just the version number is wrong.
- Several bug fixes, two of theme with high severity (fix in INI serialization and term-taxonomy synchronization). Upgrade is greatly recommended.
System requirements didn't change from 1.0 and are:
- PHP 5.3 or later
- WordPress 4.1 or later (should work on 3.9+ but it's only officially tested on 4.1+)
- Git 1.9 or later
Upgrade from previous versions
Upgrade from 1.0 is supported but is manual at the moment. Please follow these steps:
- Put the site in a maintenance mode
- Replace the
wp-content/plugins/versionpressdirectory in its entirety
wp-content/plugins/versionpress/src/Initializationinto these two locations (don't forget to remove the ".tpl" part from them):
- Disable the maintenance mode
None at the moment.